Version 7.0 | Version 6.0.1 | Version 6.0 | Version 5.0
What’s New in Version 6.0
Version 6.0 of Aren Payroll and Aren Register is a major revision of version 5.0. It was first released in November 2013. Here are the main improvements:
- Passport and Work Permit numbers are captured to cater for employees who are not citizens.
- The payroll can handle employees paid in foreign currency—US Dollar, Euro and Pound Sterling. (Premier editions only)
- Profiles have been introduced where users can specify the working hours per day and pay period, leave entitlement, etc for a group of employees.
- Payslips can now be emailed to employees.
- An Industrial Training Levy report has been added. This is optional.
- Individual NSSF and NHIF statements for a calendar year have been introduced.
- A bank codes report has been added to make it easier to review the list of banks, bank branches and sort codes stored in the banks file.
- Employee photos appear in the master report. (Register Only)
- A list of data folders used can now be viewed from the Start dialog box. This makes it much easier to work with multiple data folders.
- In the Banks dialog box, on adding, deleting or editing a bank branch, the payroll would at times select a branch with the same name but in a different bank. This has been fixed.
- Users can use any file name for the logo, not just logo.bmp.
- Users can edit the coinage denominations used in the cash list and coinage summary reports.
- A swift code field has also been added to the banks file to cater for those who pay salaries outside the country.
- Market interest rates for each quarter are now reset to zero at the beginning of each calendar year.